Monday, December 22, 2008

Twas the Night for Latkes

This image is borrowed from Bent Objects. His blog is fantastic so you really should check it out. Happy Hanukkah to all my Jewish friends and readers!

We were caught up with our Christmas weekend with out-of-town family and I didn't even realize the Festival of Lights has already begun. We are totally having latkes for supper tonight. I like any excuse to make these. My children cheer with joy when I serve them. I might even do some doughnuts too. Last year I tried doing jelly doughnuts and they were awful so I'll stick with the regular kind. We use Canola oil or that Smart Balance oil, so they aren't that bad, right? It is so super cold here in Chicagoland that we are all craving the fat and carbs anyway.

2 comments:

Andi said...

What a welcome relief from all the Christmassy crafting!!
I don't begrudge anyone a festive post in their blog but it has been rather monocultural of late.
Happy channukah and enjoy your latkes.
Andi :-)

Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug said...

HAVE A GREAT XMAS! Enjoy the Latkes! Hope Santa is good to YOU!!!

FYI - I will be posting my aprons later today... I am so excited because - they looked adorable~!!! I can't believe the one that I thought I would have the worst time with (empire waist etc) but IT WORKED! Sorry don't mean to brag - but still CUTENESS! Now I want to go crazy with making something for me! lol.