Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Just the Staycation We Needed

We did a "staycation" for Memorial Day Weekend. We always do this because everywhere on this kickoff-to-summer weekend is crowded. We always wish we'd planned a camping trip, but the campsites we favor are booked really early. My husband was really happy that the lawnmower was broken so he could delay his only weekend chore.

Destructive tornadoes struck uncomfortably close to my cousin and his family out in rural Iowa. Thankfully they are okay, but the storm was frightening for them.

This was the weekend scene at our house:
Memorial Day Staycation

Memorial Day Staycation

Happy Summer!

7 comments:

Carina said...

Oh, Susie, that looks perfect! Dang, I wish I had a garden! ;-)

Lily Boot said...

a staycation! That's my kind of long weekend - we have one coming up and I'm definitely voting for a staycation! p.s. beautiful quilt!

Lisa said...

Broken lawnmowers are the best for R&R! I love the quilt! it is so cheerful!
I did your fabric ABC Meme today! great idea!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great weekend.
I'm asking the same question too, is that one of your quilts? It's lovely. :)

IamSusie said...

Thanks for noticing the quilt! I made it last spring, but it was only this spring that I sent it out for quilting so that we could have usuable blanket out of it:
http://iamsusie.blogspot.com/2007/05/cheery-quilt-top.html

Martha Bonneau said...

That looks like the best kind of vacation ever :)

Mom O Matic said...

That looks awesome!