Tuesday, October 2, 2007

More Fabric Stash Building

Katie Jump Rope Fabrics2

I've been on a fabric diet for awhile now, but recently I gave in a did some major stash building. This is a sort of Happy Birthday to Me gift, although my real birthday isn't for another month. These fabrics are fat quarters from the new Katie Jump Rope collection by Denyse Schmidt. I think I have a few other designs thrown in there. I think the oranges, browns and blues are a fresh and retro color combination.

I purchased most of these fat quarters from Purlsoho.com. Check them out HERE. I made a special email request for fat quarters instead of long skinny quarter yard cuts and Jennifer was very accommodating and my order arrived very quickly. Thanks, Jennifer!

Katie Jump Rope Fabrics

Purl has an inspiring blog, the purl bee, too which everyone should check out: HERE

Here are some other traditional vintage style fabrics I found at my local quilt shop. They also will cut fat quarters if you ask.
Fat Quarters

I also finally gave in a purchased this sock monkey fabric which I've seen around for a couple of years. They had a several bolts of coordinating fabrics at the local quilt shop. I used the red one to recover our yucky mouse pad. SpongeBob was looking pretty dingy and these sock monkeys are even more cheerful than he is.
Sock Monkey Fabric

I'm still thinking about projects to do with these fabrics. I think I'm saving the Katie Jump Rope collection for a quilt. I also agreed to do a craft fair with a couple of friends. Some of this might slip into those crafts too.

3 comments:

Rebel said...

Cute cute cute! I love your fabrics, I even have one of the orange floral ones. And I love that blue one with the white outline of a flower on it.

Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug said...

OMG SUSIE!!! Can I request a sock monkey request with sock monkey pj's that are pug proof?!

I love your embroidery. I have not done that in AGES.

You will be at the craft fair Nov. 4?! SQUEEEE!!!

I can't wait till the ghosty tutorial! Should we bring our own felt?

americanpavilion said...

By the help of this I came to know about usefulness of Clear Span Fabric Building.
Clear Span Fabric Building