Friday, April 27, 2007

Chiacagoland Craft Collective

Here's the scrapbooking page I made last Meetup. Martha who makes fantastic little felt pugs and wonderful scrappy layouts of the various pugs in her life, provided kits for us to play with. This is my favorite picture of my 2 beautiful children. It's about one month after my little girl was born. My son is just 3 years old. I love the way he hold his bitty baby sister like a dolly. Last month he turned 10 and is headed to middle school next year. Where does the time go?

If you are crafty and live in Chicagoland, you have to join us at the Chicagoland Craft Collective. We are a diverse group of crafters who get together casually each month at the Schaumburg Portillos to share our crafts. We have scrapbookers, beaders, stampers, stitchers, sewers, knitters, and people like me who dabble in everything.

Sarah has done a couple of our MeetUp crafts. She helped us make this great clip one night. Another time she showed us how to make some adorable snowman gift bags. Mine was gifted for Christmas...
I taught some wee felt mascots on a couple different nights.

One of my favorite crafts was the night when Melanie, beader extraordinaire, taught us how to make these beaded beads. Isn't it gorgeous? When Melanie taught us this bead.. I was determined to figure it out and get it right. It was tricky, but even in the bad Portillos lighting, I got the hang of it and made 4 more when I got home. I even ordered a Japanese bead book, but I haven't crafted from it yet.


Next MeetUp, May 18, we are going to get help from each other with crafts we've always wanted to do. I'm bringing my punchneedle and Donna is hopefully going to show me what to do with it. Maybe some of the people who've asked me how to do the Hello Kitty Granny Square will come and I can give you some tips...

No comments: